About Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 (BW-12)
The coverage against flooding for property owners in the USA is being governed by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) from 1968. However, since the program's originally assessed risks and premium rates don't accurately reflect the real flood risks after 45 years, Congress passed a law in 2012 that was signed by the President - Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 (BW-12). The law requires changes to all major components of the program - including flood insurance, flood hazard mapping, grants, and the management of floodplains.
Call us @ 650-328-1000 and save now!
Flood Insurance Resources
We've gathered and put together the below resources for those of you who want to know everything about Flood Insurance and the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 (BW-12). Feel free to download the flyers, learn and share with your friends and acquaintances. To know about your flood insurance policy and to protect yourself from unexpected costs, call Insurance by Allied Brokers today.
- Heavy Rain, Potential Flooding Could Come From California Storm - December 2, 2014 - NEW
- Flood Insurance is complicated but important to understand
- New FEMA HFIAA Flood rules effective May 01, 2014
- New flood-insurance laws hang premiums out to dry - 2014/04/18
- Pennsylvania River Towns Facing Rising Flood Insurance Rates - 2014/03/27
- With Fix for Flood Insurance Program Deficit Delayed, Now What? - 2014/03/26
- President Obama Signs Flood Insurance Relief Bill - 2014/03/24
- Flood Insurance Fix Only Slows Rate Hike for 60K New Yorkers - 2014/03/24
- An Act to delay the implementation of certain provisions of the Biggert-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012
- President Obama Will Sign Flood Insurance Relief Bill - 2014/03/16
- Senate Approves Bill to Curb Flood Insurance Hikes - 2014/03/13
- Senate Leaders Look to Quickly Pass U.S. House Flood-Insurance Measure - 2014/03/10
- House Passes Flood Insurance Bill - 2014/03/06
- Stay Dry with the Flood Experts | New Flood Insurance 1/2 Price | No Elevation Certificate!
- House Could Vote on Flood Insurance This Week - 2014/03/04
- Consumer Group Blasts 'Misleading' Senate Bill to Delay Flood Insurance Hikes - 2014/02/19
- Louisiana Congressman Says Leadership Post Lost after Flood Insurance Vote - 2014/02/13
- Flood Insurance Premium Hikes from New Maps Could Be Delayed Until 2015 - 2014/02/10
- Key House Republicans Oppose Delaying Flood Insurance Increases - 2014/02/04
- Senate Passes Flood Insurance Delay, Agent Licensing Bill - 2014/01/30
- White House Balks at Flood Insurance Delay, Agent Licensing Bill - 2014/01/28
- Senate Joins House in Approving Spending Bill with Narrow Flood Insurance Fix - 2014/01/17
- Senate Re-Election Politics Boosts Flood Insurance Delay Proposals - 2014/01/16
- N.J. Sen. Menendez Calls on Congress to Delay Flood Insurance Rate Hikes - 2014/01/03
- Prospects Dim for Bills to Delay Flood Insurance Rate Hikes - 2013/11/21
- House member dismisses flood insurance hikes as "a lot of rumors"
- FEMA Seeks Dismissal of Mississippi Suit to Block Flood Insurance Rate Hikes - 2013/11/20
- All about Bigger-Waters Flood Insurance Reform Act of 2012 (BW-12)
- BW-12: Timeline of changes
- Are you losing your grandfathered policy under BW-12? How does this affect you?
- Why do you need an elevation certificate?